the Gene Ontology at SourceForge
The Gene Ontology project is a major bioinformatics initiative with the aim of standardizing the representation of gene and gene product attributes across species and databases. Please visit the main Gene Ontology website for information on the project, data and downloads, documentation, mailing lists, and tools.
SourceForge hosts a number of Gene Ontology resources; these are detailed below.
Trackers for Requests, Suggestions and Comments
Below are links to pages with lists of all the individual issues being addressed in each category. To submit a request to the Gene Ontology Consortium on any of the subjects shown below, please follow the link corresponding to that subject, and then use the 'Submit New' option.
- Ontology requests
- GO annotation, the association of gene products with relevant GO terms
- Ref Genome Ortholog Set Completion
- Data integrity checks for ontology and/or annotation data
- GO database
Ontology browser and editor designed and maintained within the Gene Ontology Consortium.
- Downloads, including the current OBO-Edit 2.x release, beta versions for testers, and previous releases
- OBO-Edit feature request tracker
- OBO-Edit bug tracker
- OBO-Edit source code, found in the go-dev distribution in the CVS repository
Online ontology and annotation browser designed and maintained within the Gene Ontology Consortium
- Downloads of AmiGO (and go-dev)
- AmiGO feature request tracker
- AmiGO bug report tracker
- AmiGO source code, found in the go-dev distribution in the CVS repository
GO software and code
- CVS repository: information and browser; contains the go-dev distribution
- SVN repository: information and browser
General SourceForge links
- SourceForge Gene Ontology main page : the main Gene Ontology project page at SourceForge
- Downloads : all the GO-related files hosted on the SourceForge site
- GO mailing lists on SourceForge : subscription information and archives for the automated e-mail notification system that operates with SourceForge trackers